Control Apple TV with Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lupend88, May 20, 2015.

1. lupend88 macrumors 6502

lupend88

I'm sorry if this has been answered, I spent 15 minutes looking for a simple how-to for controlling the Apple TV with your Apple Watch and I can't find anything! The Remote app for my Watch only wants to let me control my iTunes Music Library. Is there a way to control the Apple TV for when I'm watching Hulu and stuff like that? Thanks!

2. listenclose macrumors member

3. pakyooh macrumors 6502

pakyooh

Yes, you're able to use the watch as a remove for Apple TV. Make sure you're on the same network and you can add it like you did with your iTunes Library. It will give you a 4 digit passcode to type on to your Apple TV.

4. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I used the remote app on my watch tonight to control my Apple TV. When I opened the App it gave the option for the Apple TV and connected for a few seconds and then I was good to go.

Did you try resetting or updating the Apple TV?

----------

Weird. I didn't have to type in a passcode. It just recognized it like the iPhone app.

5. lupend88 thread starter macrumors 6502

lupend88

Just figured this out so I'll post here since others are wondering as well. Home Sharing needs to be on! Make sure you go into your Apple TV settings and set it up. Once that is done, your Apple Watch recognizes it without any passcode. Very cool! :D