Control Center Dimmed annoyance

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Tknull, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Tknull macrumors regular

Anyone else bothered by using the control center to adjust screen brightness? When you open the control center, it dims the whole screen a bit. So when you move the brightness slider bar to select the brightness that you desire... it's not the actual brightness you will end up with, because as soon as you close the control center the screen gets brighter. So what you thought you were selecting for brightness suddenly gets brighter. I find I have to use trial and error several times to get what I want...

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's how it works appearing on the screen. I guess the best you can do is set it to slightly lower than what you would want and that should usually do it.

I mostly keep mine on auto and only rarely manually change it if automatic adjustment isn't enough somehow, so haven't noticed it as much. That's not to say that it wouldn't be annoying on some level, but given that that's the design for it, the best you can really do is account for it when you make changes.

3. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

I see what you mean, but it's just the UI of Control Centre. It's one of Jonny and Craig's "layers" that they talk about in the iOS 7 video.

I get what you mean how when you drop CC back down, but it's just the same as watching The Dark Knight in the Video app and adjusting brightness to full, then moving to iMessages. It's going to be a huge contrast.

CC is the brightest grey, as is the brightest white in iMessage. If it's that annoying for you, change the screen brightness in Settings instead.