Control Center hard to access in lock screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by veedubshafer, Dec 5, 2014.

1. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

So I have a 6+ and it's always had this problem since new. When in the lock screen if I press the home button and try to swipe up to open the Control Center it doesn't work. I can always open the camera though. But if I then press the home button twice in a row I can access Control Center. Anyone else have this problem?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Yes, I have also noticed this. I wonder if it has to do with the way I'm holding the phone now compared to how I held my 5s. I feel like maybe I'm not swiping straight up, but instead in a slight arc.

3. veedubshafer thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think so because it works fine when the phone isn't in the lock screen.

----------

I'm wondering if it's an iOS issue or a hardware issue.

4. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Have this problem all the time. Guess it's an iOS issue because once you unlock then lock again it works fine. So annoying.

5. heycal macrumors 6502a

I've had two different iphone 6's, and both had times where I could not swipe up the control center from the HOME screen, only from the lock-screen. A reboot was needed to get it working again.

6. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Yup, exactly the same. Sometimes if I wait a few seconds I can swipe up without double clicking. Pretty lame.

7. rcckks96 macrumors member

I'm having this problem at random times as well. If it doesn't work, I have to lock the phone and then unlock again, and then it'll usually work. Sometimes I have to do this a few times.

8. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Yeah, I get issues swiping up from the lockscreen of my 6 sometimes. Not always though.

9. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

just tried it a few times on my 6plus i got today, not having that problem

10. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Definitely iOS. I've experienced this several times on my 5s.

11. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

My phone was doing that, except I couldn't swipe up the camera either. Unlocking it and then re-locking fixed it, and it hasn't happened since iOS 8.0.2.