Control Center lag is a big deal on ios 9

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by FatPuppy, Sep 11, 2015.

?

Does CC lag more for you on ios 9 that it does in ios 8 ?

1. yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I tried ios 9 on an iphone 5s and a 6 and CC lags on both with or without the fancy blur effects. I don't want this to be the new weather app lag where it is fixed after a year so I am asking you to make a big deal out of this and maybe Apple will fix it. Right now, CC lags even on ios 9.1 beta.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

The potentially bigger question in relation to something like that would be how much does it matter to someone (if at all) even if there is some lag?

3. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Don't you care if your device is laggy?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sure, but at times it can depend to what degree and where--for example if it's a minor lag in the weather app when looking at different cities, which is something I almost never do, then it's not likely something that would matter much to me, even if it's there. Taking a more typical user, they probably wouldn't even realize there's some lag when it comes to some animations and movement, let alone perhaps care about it, especially when it comes to something they might rarely use, if ever at all (there are sure plenty of people out there that don't even know what Control Center is, let alone use it in some way, even occasionally).

5. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I just realized that even swiping through pages lags :\ on my 5s, this is the worst iOS ever, now I love ios 8.

6. JXShine macrumors 6502

JXShine

On iOS 8, on my 6 plus, swiping up control center from home screen often lags and opens up an app in the dock instead. No longer happens on iOS 9 so I am happy

7. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

This is the update Apple claimed would tout performance improvements. Lag is not a performance improvement. No matter how many excuses you sit here and try to make excuses for apple, the fact is they did not deliver what they promised with iOS 9. iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 are extremely powerful phones, and theres no reason they should be lagging anywhere. At all. Apple dropped the ball by releasing an update that even there newest, most powerful phones can't even handle without lag. If thats something you want to ignore, go right ahead, but I think the rest of us are pretty disappointed in apple for a GM with lag in it.

8. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I just... I would do anything to have the chance to try one of those devices from those users who voted "no".

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

I completely agree with all that. What I said was mainly in relation to Apple treating it as an important/major issue.

10. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

I voted no. I have no idea what you people are talking about. Mine is probably the same but I don't expect sheer perfection out of my phone. A millisecond here or there just doesn't matter. In fact as I answered, I don't even notice it. Same last year when you peeps said the animations weren't fast enough.

11. vertsix macrumors 65816

vertsix

Absolutely it lags.

I've seen it lag on iPhone 5s, 6, 6 Plus so far on iOS 9.

The iPhone 5 however has been relatively smooth.

12. Yun0 Suspended

Yun0

13. lusticke macrumors member

No lag in control center, but a ton in app switcher

14. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

Yup, app switcher is lag city

15. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Have no lag in CC and App Switcher is smooth as silk. What did I do wrong?

16. Che Castro macrumors 603

Time to get the new iPhone

17. Yun0 Suspended

Yun0

then scream at it when its "slow" 1 year later on ios 10 ya?

18. Che Castro macrumors 603

No you trade in the phone for the iPhone 7

19. ranini macrumors newbie

ranini

No lags here,CC or notification center. Works perfect same as ios8.4

Iphone 6.