iPhone X Control Center Not opening

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mnni, Feb 17, 2019.

1. mnni macrumors newbie

mnni

hi. I don't know if it's an hardware or software issue. On my iPhone X running 12.1.4 the swipe down gesture from the top right corner to access control center suddenly went missing. All I can access is notifications. The issues is the same for lock screen and unlocked operation.

Any ideas what is going on?

2. davedvdy macrumors 6502a

In Settings>Control Center is "Access Within Apps" turned on?

3. mnni thread starter macrumors newbie

mnni

Yes

It seems to be a hardware issue. Control center works in landscape mode using a different "corner"

4. Justin Lawless macrumors newbie

I’m having this same issue. Swipe down for Notification Center doesn’t work. Swipe from the right corner for Control Center doesn’t work. Tap the top when browsing a webpage to go to the top doesn’t work. When the time is highlighted in red, blue, or green for things like going back to a phone call doesn’t work either.

It seems that the top part of the screen just isn’t registering touches at all. This started last night and I had time today to reset all my content and settings hoping for a fix to no avail. Let me know if you figure anything out. If nothing happens soon I’ll probably head to the Apple Store in a week or so when I get a chance. Coincidentally my phone recently installed 12.1.4. I’m using an iPhone XS.

5. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Mine works, but I get the odd no response from that corner when waking (not unlocking) the device. I could have 4-5 failed swipe downs, but then it works & continues to for days until it happens again. o_O

6. Joe Rossignol Editor

Joe Rossignol

Staff Member

Could it be this? https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-x-display-module-replacement-program/

Take it to Apple to see perhaps?

7. Lana929 macrumors newbie

Lana929

Plz let us know if a fix is found. I’m having this identical issue :(

8. Naingwin macrumors newbie

Naingwin

9. Justin Lawless macrumors newbie

I just got my phone back last week. There was some display malfunction. I had to go into the Apple Store and they sent my phone in for repair and gave me a loaner iPhone 8. It took about 5 days. They replaced the screen, the front camera/face ID part, a connector, and the battery. All covered under Apple Care. It works great now.

Mine is an iPhone XS, not an X like the original post was asking about.

10. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

It should be covered by the 1year warranty not apple care