Control Center not working on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LotusLord, Sep 18, 2013.

1. LotusLord macrumors 6502

LotusLord

The Capital of the Land of Cheese and Beer
    Has anyone on iOS 7 on an iPhone 5 had issues with control center not working? I can't seem to get it to work from the lock screen or the home screen.

2. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Not sure how to fix it, but working flawlessly for me here on my iP5.

3. LotusLord thread starter macrumors 6502

LotusLord

It may be my case. I've gotten it to go once now.

4. Thytallfella macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue. I am swiping up from the lock screen and home screen and nothing is happening. The notification center is working every single time but not the control center, it has worked maybe 5% of the time i have swiped up.

5. LotusLord thread starter macrumors 6502

LotusLord

Yep, sounds like the same issue I'm having. No issues with notification center, or accessing the camera from the lock screen though.

6. Thytallfella macrumors newbie

I have the otterbox defender case and now it is working every single time when i removed the case. This is very frustrating as i dont want to remove my case just to have this work. The notification pull down works so it doesnt make much sense for it not work now just pulling up from the bottom. I am going to contact otterbox and see what they have to say.

7. KingBowser macrumors newbie

Dude try taking your phone cover off, and swipe from the bottom (Out the screen) Up, I had the same problem, I almost Slam my iP5 on the floor till I figure it out

8. HKPDW macrumors member

Regarding the Otter Box Defender... Seems to work best swiping from the extreme corners (while using the index finger). Mine won't work swiping from the center of the screen or when using my thumb.

9. EspressoQueen macrumors member

Thank you so much!!! This solution works perfectly for me.:)

10. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Settings > Control Center -- Access on Lock Screen: ON

11. HKPDW macrumors member

If you're viewing a Safari browser window in landscape, you can pretty much swipe upwards from anywhere on the bottom of the screen and the control center will pop as well.

12. Scrumper macrumors member

Scrumper

I've been experiencing the same thing here but in my case, using a "Switch easy" case on iPhone 5. The raised part of the case, covering the home button prevents your finger or thumb from being able to swipe from the very bottom of the screen (although swiping from the top accesses notifications without a hitch). With the case removed control centre works first time every time; case on and I get about 5% success rate, even trying from the extreme corners. Not very useful for such a potentially useful feature. :( However, I'm glad it's just the case which is the issue and not the phone itself. :) Time to look for a new case, I suppose. Shame as I really like the soft, protective silicon of the "Switcheasy".