Control Center on lock screen stops working

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by b_scott, Nov 11, 2014.

1. b_scott macrumors 6502a

b_scott

Ever since upgrading to iOS8 and getting my iPhone 6+, Control Center rarely works on the lock screen. Swiping does nothing, and the camera does not open. The only way to get it to work is to log into the phone and then it works. Which defeats the purpose of having this easily accessible center on my lock screen, or the camera access at all.

I know others on the net have reported this but I never saw any solutions. And yes my two switches are always set to "on" for Control Center.

Anyone? :mad:

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Are you on iOS 8.1?

3. b_scott thread starter macrumors 6502a

b_scott

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Tried a hard reset? Hold the home and power button at the same time until the phone restarts.

5. b_scott thread starter macrumors 6502a

b_scott

yeah I've tried that and everything. My wife has the same issue sometimes. And it usually only happens after you haven't touched the phone for a time.

6. b_scott thread starter macrumors 6502a

b_scott

doing some testing. I think part of the problem is that now you must start the swipe below the screen otherwise it doesn't register most of the time.

7. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Mines working fine on my 6. Just put my thumb on the line and pull up.

8. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

It doesn't work a lot of times. I press the home button again then swipe again and it responds without unlocking. Give that a try.

9. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I'm not having issues with control center but the camera shortcut has been giving me grief lately on my iPhone 6. When I try to drag up the camera shortcut sometimes it takes several tries, trying to drag it just acts like you touched it and stopped (small bounce). Hasn't been too horrendously annoying but it does create risk of missing a great picture.