Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
FlipControlCenter installs Activator as a dependency. Open it, choose lock screen, find the appropriate menu, then the appropriate function.

Take a few minutes to look it through, there's plenty of settings. As an example, I've got swipe in from bottom left to activate app switcher (leaving bottom right for CC), tap and hold on the status bar to imitate a press of the home button, and in springboard I double tap the battery icon to lock the phone. I've also got 3G to switch off/on when I connect/disconnect to a wifi network.

I never liked activator... Isn't there a tweak just to disable the turn off function when locked? Would be nice.

----------

Some info about the various Control Center toggle options, in case anyone finds it helpful:

FlipControlCenter:
  • Dependencies: Activator, FlipSwitch (and RocketBootstrap, a Flipswitch dependency), Cydia Substrate
  • Works on A7 devices
  • Individual toggles can be disabled on lock screen
  • All toggles can be placed on either "top shelf" (where default iOS toggles are) or "bottom shelf" (QuickLaunch area)
  • FlipSwitch toggles: Airplane, Wifi, Bluetooth, DND, Orientation, VPN, LTE, Ringer, Autolock, Hotspot, Vibration, Location, CellularData, Flashlight, Clock, Calculator, Camera, Settings, Respring
  • Plus third-party Flipswitch toggles available from Cydia (e.g., f.lux, autocorrect, etc.)

CCToggles:
  • Dependencies: Cydia Substrate
  • Optional dependency: FlipSwitch (with Rocket Bootstrap) to access FlipSwitch toggles
  • Works on A7 devices
  • Stock toggles: iOS defaults (Airplane, Wifi, Bluetooth, DND, Orientation) plus Mute, Respring, Power Off, and Reboot
  • Access to FlipSwitch toggles (listed above in FlipControlCenter section), including third party toggles
  • QuickLaunch additions: Internal Settings, AppSwitcher, HomeButton, LockButton, KillAllApps, ScreenShot, Siri
  • Also can add any arbitrary app to QuickLaunch section

CCSettings:
  • Works on A7 devices
  • Provides the following toggles: Cellular Data, Wifi, Airplane, Location, DND, Home button, Lock, Bluetooth, Personal Hotspot, Orientation lock, Mute, Vibrate, Screen Shot, LTE, VPN, AutoLock, Shutdown, Reboot, Respring

CCControls:
  • Dependencies: FlipSwitch (and Rocket Bootstrap), CCControls Default Theme, Cydia Substrate
  • Does not work on A7 devices
  • I don't know much about it because I have a 5S so I could not test it, but based on the dependencies, it seems that it will work with FlipSwitch toggles and it appears to be theme-able

Wasn't CCControls updated to work with the 5S? (A7)

EDIT: Just checked. It indeed is compatible with the 5S. ;)

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I never liked activator... Isn't there a tweak just to disable the turn off function when locked? Would be nice.

I don't know of any that works on iOS 7, but I haven't really looked either since I've got activator for that (you can set it up to flip the 3G switch, or any switch, when locking/unlocking as well btw).

mrmister

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
" I've also got 3G to switch off/on when I connect/disconnect to a wifi network."

How did you do that with Activator?

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
From the activator thread:

Select Anywhere, Joined Wifi Network, then scroll down to the Deactivate Switches section and choose Cellular Data. Then do the same thing for Left Wifi Network except choose the Activate Switches and then choose enable Cellular Data.

I use these events too but instead disable LTE when connected to wifi. Then once I go outside and I'm out of range, LTE turns back on automatically. For me this is much better.

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
Wasn't CCControls updated to work with the 5S? (A7)

EDIT: Just checked. It indeed is compatible with the 5S. ;)

Cool, good to know. I will have to check it out and see how it stacks up against the others, once I do I will edit my "roundup" post with the new info

mrmister

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
"I use these events too but instead disable LTE when connected to wifi. Then once I go outside and I'm out of range, LTE turns back on automatically. For me this is much better."

OMG.

What a simple, clean, clear way of doing this. Thank you. Great idea. I didn't even know Activator had this ability.

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Surprisingly I thought the control center would be one of the first things I would want to tweak, but I haven't downloaded any of these tweaks to change the toggles. I have to admit, I am actually pleased with the toggles that apple implemented lol I hid all my stock apps so the only quick launch at the bottom that shows up for me is the flashlight, which is kind of cool. It's huge now so it makes it really easy to activate. And I used flex to hide certain parts of the CC.

eguny9uz.jpg

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
"I use these events too but instead disable LTE when connected to wifi. Then once I go outside and I'm out of range, LTE turns back on automatically. For me this is much better."

OMG.

What a simple, clean, clear way of doing this. Thank you. Great idea. I didn't even know Activator had this ability.

:). You're very welcome!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Did I not mention deactivating the long press of the home button when locked? That means no one can turn it off without unlocking it. Also, you're seriously overestimating the intelligence of your average thief.

unfortunately, holding the power and home button can still allow you to turn off the phone :p

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
unfortunately, holding the power and home button can still allow you to turn off the phone :p

(I see I said home button, of course I meant sleep button ;))

I actually thought it would be disabled as well when suppressing the long hold, but apparently not. And it doesn't seem to be a way to suppress this either. How odd.

Oh well, let's hope that in the off chance my phone disappears, it won't come into the hands of someone who knows they can do this ;)

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
(I see I said home button, of course I meant sleep button ;))

I actually thought it would be disabled as well when suppressing the long hold, but apparently not. And it doesn't seem to be a way to suppress this either. How odd.

Oh well, let's hope that in the off chance my phone disappears, it won't come into the hands of someone who knows they can do this ;)

imagine your phone just froze! then there would be nothing you can do for the next few hours; that would be terrible!

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
imagine your phone just froze! then there would be nothing you can do for the next few hours; that would be terrible!

I don't mean to put you down or anything, but the thought of anyone considering a few hours without a cellphone to be "terrible" is both tragic and depressing to me.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Cool, good to know. I will have to check it out and see how it stacks up against the others, once I do I will edit my "roundup" post with the new info

Please, do! Looking forward to it. Let us know which one you prefer and why. ;)

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I don't mean to put you down or anything, but the thought of anyone considering a few hours without a cellphone to be "terrible" is both tragic and depressing to me.

Hahaha, that all depends on your line of work or what you use the phone for, I guess. Some people rely on them for business :p. Don't worry, no offense taken

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Although I'm pretty happy with the quick toggles apple has implemented, it would be nice to be able to access an activator menu from the CC. Do any of these tweaks allow you to put a shortcut toggle to access an activator menu in the quick launch menu at the bottom of the CC?

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
Please, do! Looking forward to it. Let us know which one you prefer and why. ;)
Okay, I got a chance to check out CCControls on my 5S, so I edited my original post, quoted it below for reference, and then followed it with my analysis

Some info about the various Control Center toggle options, in case anyone finds it helpful:
All tested on iPhone 5S

FlipControlCenter:
  • Dependencies: Activator, FlipSwitch (and RocketBootstrap, a Flipswitch dependency), Cydia Substrate
  • All toggles can be placed on either "top shelf" (where default iOS toggles are) or "bottom shelf" (QuickLaunch area)
  • FlipSwitch toggles: Airplane, Wifi, Bluetooth, DND, Orientation, VPN, LTE, Ringer, Autolock, Hotspot, Vibration, Location, CellularData, Flashlight, Clock, Calculator, Camera, Settings, Respring
  • Plus third-party Flipswitch toggles available from Cydia (e.g., f.lux, autocorrect, etc.)

CCToggles:
0.1-4
  • Optional dependency: FlipSwitch (with Rocket Bootstrap) to access FlipSwitch toggles
  • Stock toggles: iOS defaults (Airplane, Wifi, Bluetooth, DND, Orientation) plus Mute, Respring, Power Off, and Reboot
  • Access to FlipSwitch toggles (listed above in FlipControlCenter section), including third party toggles
  • QuickLaunch additions: Internal Settings, AppSwitcher, HomeButton, LockButton, KillAllApps, ScreenShot, Siri
  • Also can add any user-defined app launcher or Activator action to QuickLaunch section
    (Activator support new in version 0.1-4; didn't work with Activator menus on my 5S)

CCSettings:
0.0.3-2
  • Provides the following toggles: Cellular Data, Wifi, Airplane, Location, DND, Home button, Lock, Bluetooth, Personal Hotspot, Orientation lock, Mute, Vibrate, Screen Shot, LTE, VPN, AutoLock, Shutdown, Reboot, Respring
  • No QuickLaunch modifications

CCControls:
  • Dependencies: FlipSwitch (and Rocket Bootstrap), CCControls Default Theme, Cydia Substrate
  • Uses FlipSwitch toggles (listed above in FlipControlCenter section), including third party toggles

CCSettings is the simplest. It doesn't offer anything features that the others don't have, but is the most lightweight, and is a good choice for those who don't want to install FlipSwitch for whatever reason.

The other three are implementations of the FlipSwitch toggle selection, each with their own unique features:
  • FlipControlCenter gives you control of both the toggles (top row) and QuickLaunch (bottom row) sections.
  • CCSettings only gives you control of the toggles, and leaves you with the default QuickLaunch selection, but lets you theme the toggles to your preferred color or button shape.
  • CCToggles gives you the FilpSwitch toggles for the toggles section, and it's own selection of action to add to the QuickLaunch Center, including the ability to add any app or Activator action.

For now, I am sticking with CCToggles for its extra features. The KillAllApps action for the QuickLaunch Center is the main reason, as that seems to be the only way I can kill apps from the Control Center, which is my preference. If there was a KillAllApps for FlipSwitch, I would switch to FlipControlCenter, so that I can have full control of both "shelves".

I do like that CCToggles can add any app to the QuickLaunch, but the only app I would like to add to the QuickLaunch is the Settings app, for which there is already a FlipSwitch, so I'm not personally taking advantage of this feature. Adding Activator actions to the QuickLaunch is very useful, but I can't imagine that Ryan Petrich won't add that into FlipControlCenter before officially releasing it.

I will be excited to see how these programs develop, and hope that they adopt each others features. It would be great to have full control of both the toggles and QuickLaunches, fully theme-able, and with the extra features that CCToggles has (KillAllApps, any app, and Activator QuickLaunches).

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
CCSettings is the simplest. It doesn't offer anything features that the others don't have, but is the most lightweight, and is a good choice for those who don't want to install FlipSwitch for whatever reason.

The other three are implementations of the FlipSwitch toggle selection, each with their own unique features:
  • FlipControlCenter gives you control of both the toggles (top row) and QuickLaunch (bottom row) sections.
  • CCSettings only gives you control of the toggles, and leaves you with the default QuickLaunch selection, but lets you theme the toggles to your preferred color or button shape.
  • CCToggles gives you the FilpSwitch toggles for the toggles section, and it's own selection of action to add to the QuickLaunch Center, including the ability to add any app or Activator action.

For now, I am sticking with CCToggles for its extra features. The KillAllApps action for the QuickLaunch Center is the main reason, as that seems to be the only way I can kill apps from the Control Center, which is my preference. If there was a KillAllApps for FlipSwitch, I would switch to FlipControlCenter, so that I can have full control of both "shelves".

I do like that CCToggles can add any app to the QuickLaunch, but the only app I would like to add to the QuickLaunch is the Settings app, for which there is already a FlipSwitch, so I'm not personally taking advantage of this feature. Adding Activator actions to the QuickLaunch is very useful, but I can't imagine that Ryan Petrich won't add that into FlipControlCenter before officially releasing it.

I will be excited to see how these programs develop, and hope that they adopt each others features. It would be great to have full control of both the toggles and QuickLaunches, fully theme-able, and with the extra features that CCToggles has (KillAllApps, any app, and Activator QuickLaunches).

Thanks for that! I think I'll stick to CCSettings for the time being. (Just because as you say, it's the lightest and would be the simplest to remove I guess).

If within a couple of weeks or one month the others have clearly evolved I'll probably switch. (What I don't like about CCSettings is that in order to apply any change you need to respring).

Wanted to ask, what does RocketBootstrap do exactly? And flipswitch? I know they are dependencies, I'm just curious.

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
Thanks for that! I think I'll stick to CCSettings for the time being. (Just because as you say, it's the lightest and would be the simplest to remove I guess).

If within a couple of weeks or one month the others have clearly evolved I'll probably switch. (What I don't like about CCSettings is that in order to apply any change you need to respring).

Wanted to ask, what does RocketBootstrap do exactly? And flipswitch? I know they are dependencies, I'm just curious.

If it provides all of the toggles you need, and you do not want to modify the QuickLaunch section, then CCSettings is the right solution for you. I have a feeling that there will be good developments in each of these tools over the next few weeks, so it will be exciting to see where we end up.

I don't know much about RocketBootstrap, other than that it is a dependency of some other Cydia packages. FlipSwitch, meanwhile, is a system of switches or toggles that are available to other apps (e.g., FlipControlCenter, CCControls, and Activator to name a few), that can be seen as a replacement SBSettings for system-wide toggling. There are 16 default toggles, and additional toggles can be added.

When I last edited my "roundup" as quoted above, I had not realized that both FlipControlCenter and CCControls actually add additional toggles to the default 16. So I re-examined the Control Center modifications, and made a new version of my comparison, which should be much more clear than the previous two versions, and is quoted below

All tested on iPhone 5S

CCSettings:
0.0.3-2
  • No Lockscreen disabling

FlipControlCenter:
  • Default FlipSwitch toggles: Airplane, Wifi, Bluetooth, DND, Rotation, VPN, LTE, Ringer, Autolock, Hotspot, Vibration, Location, CellularData, Flashlight, Settings, Respring
  • Plus third-party Flipswitch toggles available from Cydia (e.g., f.lux, autocorrect, adblocker, etc.)
  • Additional FlipSwitch toggles bundled with FlipControlCenter available systemwide via Activator: Clock, Calculator, Camera

CCControls:
  • Uses default FlipSwitch toggles (listed above in FlipControlCenter section), plus third party toggles from cydia
  • Additional FlipSwitch toggles bundled with CCControls available systemwide via Activator: Reboot, Shutdown, Safe Mode, Home Button, Sleep Button, Screenshot, App Switcher, Siri
  • Theme-able colors

CCToggles:
0.1-5
  • Dependencies: Cydia Substrate, FlipSwitch (with Rocket Bootstrap)
  • Optional dependency: Activator (for Activator QuickLaunch)
  • Individual toggles (and QuickLaunch) can be disabled on lock screen
  • Access to default FlipSwitch toggles (listed above in FlipControlCenter section), plus third party toggles from cydia
  • Also can add any user-defined app launcher or Activator action to QuickLaunch section
    (Activator support new in version 0.1-4; didn't work with Activator menus on my 5S)

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Does anyone know of a working CC tweak that puts multitasking in the quicklaunch area that is working on arm64 (5s)? I know of CCquick and controltask (aren't updated yet) but since there are so many I'm wondering if I missed any.

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
CCToggles:
0.1-5
  • Dependencies: Cydia Substrate, FlipSwitch (with Rocket Bootstrap)
  • Optional dependency: Activator (for Activator QuickLaunch)
  • Individual toggles (and QuickLaunch) can be disabled on lock screen
  • Access to default FlipSwitch toggles (listed above in FlipControlCenter section), plus third party toggles from cydia

Ahh unsure how I missed the little part at the end about activator menus not working. Thanks for the info. I wish the activator menus worked though. I could eliminate a lot of home button use if we could link menus into the control center.

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
Ahh unsure how I missed the little part at the end about activator menus not working. Thanks for the info. I wish the activator menus worked though. I could eliminate a lot of home button use if we could link menus into the control center.

There was a CCToggles update this morning, it seems to have fixed this issue. Activator menus now work in the QuickLaunch section.

The only downside is that they get the generic Activator icon; it would be cool if we could assign custom icons to different menus. The developer has all of the code on github, so theoretically it should be possible to make all sorts of customized modifications, but that is not something that I currently have the knowhow to do

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
Anyone notice these effecting battery life? I've been messing with my tweaks but I didn't know which was killing my battery.

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
Have you guys take a look at CCQuick Pro? Looks promising...

Does anyone know how CCQuick Pro works on A7 devices? It says that it is compatible, but I wanted to test CCQuick (free, non-pro) before plunking down $3 for CCQuick Pro, and CCQuick puts my 5S into safe mode until I uninstall it :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.