Control center use

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jcorbin, Sep 26, 2013.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

I've started forcing myself to use the control center for launching the camera and using the toggles (not as hard to force) just because it is faster. Before I would close out an app and find the camera icon to launch. Even after having iOS 7 I would do this from habit so I moved the camera icon to my "unused apps" folder and only launch via the control center.

Anyone else trying to use the control center more?

2. liteshow macrumors regular

Use it on the lock screen for the flashlight and clock (timer). Nice to have without entering the passcode.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Doing the same with camera. Also got rid of a separate flashlight app, and moved calculator off to a folder since it's all now accessible quickly from Control Center.

4. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

i wish the clock/timer app shortcut would go to the last page of the clock app. i hate that it goes to the timer.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

I guess since it's a timer shortcut it's kind of natural/expected for it to go to the timer.

6. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's true. But if anything i would yhink the stopwatch would make more sense for a shortcut.

7. kingebaneezer macrumors newbie

I have been using it for the music controls but the pause doesn't work with Itunes Radio or NPR Music app. It works with other apps like pandora though.

8. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Why? :confused:

9. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

i don't know. just makes more sense to me.

10. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

Id rather it went to alarms. Thats what I use. Cant remember last using a timer.

11. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

I deleted the flashlight app that I had for 2 years just so I can use the one in Control Center.

12. appleii.c macrumors 6502

appleii.c

Ahhh never thought of the camera. Thanks, i've moved the camera icon into a separate folder now!

I've been using control center to pull up the clock (for my morning alarm) and for Bluetooth / WiFi. It's great.

Control Center... Another awesome Apple innovation!! </sarcasm>
    (kidding... before the Android guys rip me a new one)

13. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

Sadly CC is the only way to really use the music controls. Good luck trying to use the ones on the lock screen while driving without A) unlocking your phone or B) sliding the screen just enough it cancels your touch input.

Seriously if this crap isn't fixed by next year with iOS 8 I'm switching back to a flip phone and an iPod classic! iOS 7 is garbage IMHO, but I have really high standards for Apple products. I'd expect garbage like this from their competitors.

Sadly I'm so stuck in the :apple: distortion field that other smartphones don't appeal to me. I liked iPhone cause it was usable with one hand and fit comfortably in the pocket. Then they brought out the 5 with the crappy tall screen and destroyed that. They tried to fix it with iOS 7 and the swipe back feature but everything else in iOS 7 negates any good they've done. If I want a bigger screen I'd use my iPad, which is sitting comfortably in the landfill after I infected it with iOS 7. *note to self try on one device before installing on all ugh...

14. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I wish they still had music controls by double tapping home and going to far left.

this is taking me a bit to get used too, and in some ways is trickier and takes longer for me to pull off to access the music controls

15. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

Them removing the double tap of home doesn't bother me so much if the music controls worked. But they don't work and it's awful. The music controls in CC are to small, the ones on the lock screen are laughably bad. I've been complaining about this since beta 1 along with 20 or 30 other bugs that have still yet to be fixed. I can seriously go on all day how buggy this OS is. They should have waited to launch until it was a finished product. Or at least listen to the beta testers. I don't mind the changes in iOS 7 but they need to work and be usable before anyone can get used to them. I guess Forstall had the right idea all along well aside from Maps lol

16. falkedup macrumors regular

I use the timer all the time. no pun intended

17. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Siri is great for the alarms. Show, Create, Disable, Enable alarms is fantastic.

Still getting used to CC. Not sure if its really useful for me at this point.

18. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

Use it all the time. Absolutely love it (even if Android did most of it first).

19. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

Dont have Siri on iPhone 4. Wish I did but yea..

Perhaps we should have the option to choose which time one it goes to or like someone said the last screen used which would be great. As Id always get alarms and others would get timer etc.

----------

Was the only thing about the S3 I liked when it came out. Now Apple has made it easier to use.

20. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm still getting used to it. Anyone else completely adopt the control center for when using the 4 app shortcuts?