Control Centre security flaw

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sully54, Jun 10, 2013.

1. sully54 macrumors regular

sully54

First off, I'd just like to say that I am very happy with what I've seen today. It's a step in the right direction.

One thing I did notice which I feel is a security flaw is being able to access airplane mode in control centre from the lock screen.

Imagine your phone gets stolen. All a thief has to do is to swipe up in the lock screen, tap airplane mode, and just like that, your phone can no linger be found in find my iPhone.

I get it, going into the setting app is a bit much just to turn on airplane mode, but do we really need that setting in the lock screen??

2. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

They would still not be able to use it
    Because they would need iCloud password to clear the iPhone
    So if they try connecting to wifi
    The phone will automatically get locked until the password is placed.

3. sully54 thread starter macrumors regular

sully54

What I'm understanding you saying is that iCloud login is asked before one can erase an iPhone. Is this a new feature of activation lock? My understanding from the keynote is that activation lock asks for iCloud login after device has been restored.

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Pretty sure that there's a toggle to disable Control Center on the lock screen.

5. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

There is. You can disable access to both Notification Center and Control Center on the lock screen.