Control Centre too aggressive?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by DarkRyoushii, Jul 7, 2013.

1. DarkRyoushii macrumors newbie

Has anyone else found that when browsing either their photo streams, contacts or most commonly a web page that the control centre will appear more often than you'd expect? I'm noticing it more and more but not sure how to give my feedback for a 'bug' related to UX.

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Not for me...maybe you're swiping too low from the screen to where your finger is off the device? It registers as a swipe off the device motion (similarly to how notification center on the mac works, where it only pops up if you start the swipe off of the trackpad)

3. cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

It needs a 'tab' just like Notification Center does, so that even if you make an accidental swipe it won't open Control Center.

Speaking of the 'tab', why is it so translucent? Sometimes I can barely see it!

4. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

Yeah it happens to me a lot, especially with games that require swiping or zooming in or out; for example, Angry Birds. Almost everytime that I try to zoom in and out I find my thumb accidentally bringing up the control center because when I pinch to zoom my thumb is always on the bottom of the screen.

5. Xeyad macrumors 6502

YES, it's been bugging me all the time. However, I noticed that Control Center comes in the way more often on the smaller iPhone 4S screen than the taller screen of the iPhone 5 and iPod Touch.

I really have a hard time scrolling through my Instagram or Facebook feed on the 4S. And try a game like Fruit Ninja, it comes out even more.

Instead of all this mess, Apple should've combined the 'centers' into 1 center that has a 'Today' tab, a 'Notifications' tab, and a 'Controls' tab. The current 'Missed' tab is completely useless and redundant, and Control Center is too cluttered in its current state.

6. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Happens to me a lot in Safari on the iPad.
    On the iPhone, not so much.

7. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Happens a lot to me playing certain games...for example Limbo. I don't even swipe up close to the edge and it still pops up sometimes.

8. hektor5wolf macrumors member

Happens to me when flicking using the japanese keyboard :D Specially with the lower rows

9. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

Control Center swipes exactly the same as Notification Center.

10. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Yes in games where you swipe up, for example subway surfers or running with friends. I swipe up to jump, and it pauses the game and brings up the notification center. Seems like someone at Apple didn't think this through enough. As alot of these games seem to interfere with the control center notification bar.

11. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Took my iPhone 5 out of the Otterbox case and had the same issue of activating the Control Center. In the case and I have trouble getting it to activate when I want to. Cant win lol

12. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Might still be calibrated before the final release to not be activated so easily.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It has happened to me a number of times. I've been typing, browsing, or just looking at photos. I don't know if I swiped up or not, but in the cases of typing, I know I have not. It is odd.

14. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

Let's hope so!

15. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

The only time it's really bugged me was with running with friends. Games need to have option to switch control center off so it doesn't pop up while playing the game.

16. cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Only now in beta 3 does it have a pull 'tab'. In beta 1 and 2 it didn't have one in status bar-less apps, unlike NC which did. The CC would come up on first swipe, whereas NC would come up in two (tab appeared then NC).