Control iPhone apps using the command line?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by flux84, Jan 13, 2011.

1. flux84 macrumors newbie

I am wondering if it is possible to control iPhone apps using the iPhone command line? I have a jailbroken iPod Touch 4G and have installed a command line terminal app. So, I can access it the shell/commmand line via SSH. However, what I want to do is this:
    1. Launch an app from the command line (e.g. launch the Notes app)
    2. Control that app from the command line (e.g. press the "+" button in the Notes app, and then type a note, and then return to the main notes screen)

Besides launching/controlling the Notes app, I would also like to be able to control things like games, calculator, etc. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Launching an app is certainly possible but controlling an app, the way you describe is in no way possible :p tricking the executable code via command line can't be done

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. derek420 macrumors member

I asked myself the same thing after I read OP's post..

5. czaby macrumors newbie

point

I have for example an old iPhone which works perfectly except that the touch screen is not responding any more. I can start it, log in via ssh, I see what's on the display and could still make some meaningful things from the command line.

6. SporkLover macrumors 6502