Control iPhone from iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by A2DY, Sep 2, 2011.

1. A2DY macrumors member

Hi,

I thought there would be a simple option but can't think of it at the moment so any help would be good....

I have my iPhone docked in my stereo to play music from, I am also sat on my laptop, is there an easy way to control the iPhone (e.g select tracks in iTunes and then play on the phone which then goes through the stereo?)

I know how to do it the other way around with the remote app, just ot sure of a way to do it this way around?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Do you not like having the computer hooked up to it and using the phone as the control?

4. A2DY thread starter macrumors member

Was just reading up on that, seems a possible option, thanks,

Seems a shame to spend the money when all I actually want to do is reverse the remote app!

No problem with that except I prefer when on the internet to use my laptop and therefore dont really have a need for my phone nearby so thats on the stereo system,
    I could plug my laptop in but then would need to use the phone for browsing which isnt quite as easy :)

I have seen an ap which would be used on a jailbroken phone but dont really want to JB, shame there isnt a app on the app store that offers the same fetaures

----------

Fixed!

a app on the appstore called AirSpeaker

turns the phone into a airplay speaker which appears in itunes as a airport express. Works perfectly.

Thanks for help.

5. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Awesome good to know! I have a desktop tower connected to my home theatre for music and movies (netflix/itunes rentals/downloaded) and just use the Remote app for the music control.

But I'm definitely going to check out that app as well, although I prefer having access to my entire library instead of just the playlists I have on the phone.

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

7. A2DY thread starter macrumors member

You have access to your entire library as it streams from you laptop/pc/mac etc to the phone. Nothing is stored on the phone.

Works well, only used for 30 mins or so but no probs, app costs 69p (presume 99c in US) so no real if it didnt.

Presumably there could or is a app that would do the same for video (if using the RCA cable) and then could do most the same as apple TV?

EDIT - Not all the same but could play video & music through the TV?

8. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Oh duhh...I don't know what I was thinking lol

Yeah, it's $.99 in the app store.