Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dec.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Not really sure where this belongs since it affects the iOS remote app, Apple TV, iTunes and OSX.

Apple have destroyed the iTunes/Apple TV remote app with iOS 7 - it doesn't rotate to landscape mode, which is bad enough but I'm also not able to add any songs to existing playlists on my iPad 3 and iPad mini, on both devices the app just shuts down.
Right now the app is critical to me as we've just switched to a mac mini without a display (maintenance via logmein) as music server and I was recreating all of the playlists that we had (not all of my music is "visitor safe", hell not even "hubby safe"...) on our old windows machine. Since it's not working, I was wondering if there are any alternative apps for OSX which I could use not only to control iTunes, I have two of those (Tunesremote SE and TuneConnect - the latter one lacks airplay settings for multiple speakers), but neither can edit the playlists.

Logmein would be a solution but I find it rather tedious and laggy to process a lot of songs.

So basically my needs are: Control iTunes from another Mac with the ability of editing playlists.

Thanks!

Toubro

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2013
Can't you just share the screen of the Mac mini from your other Mac??
I do this all the time with my screenless Mac Mini.

I know that this isn't exactly a remote control of iTunes explicitly, but of the whole OS, but it's easy, free and built in to to OSX.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
Can't you just share the screen of the Mac mini from your other Mac??
I do this all the time with my screenless Mac Mini.
Second to that. OS X built-in screen sharing also works a treat over public Internet, esp if you are able to use the Back to my Mac feature. If not, you can always VPN into your local network.
As I see it, Logmein is rather obsolete in OS X environment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.