Control MBP from iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rebelbaserec, Apr 21, 2011.

1. rebelbaserec macrumors newbie

I am currently using VNC Lite to log into my MBP while on the same network but there's almost no mouse using this method. Maybe the full blown version is better, but that's not what I'm looking for. Anyone know if theres a good app that will turn my iphone into a trackpad that will actually work? this is what I've tried:

On my iPhone, I have Mobile Mouse, which turns my iPhone's screen into a trackpad and works great when looking at my MBP, but when I log into my MBP from my iPad and try to use Mobile Mouse, the mouse on my iPad doesn't show movement, even though I know it's moving since I can see my Dock animating when I drag the phantom cursor to the bottom of my screen.

2. danrel macrumors member

danrel

I'm not sure if this work work perfectly for your needs, but I use a Logmein account and installed the Logmein Ignition app on my iPad and it works much more seamlessly for me than any VLC app or VPN connection when remotely controlling computers. And your Logmein account will work with nearly any computer, regardless of OS.

I hope that helps!

3. patrickj macrumors regular

This one just released this week, looks like what you're after. I haven't tried it yet, but it's a free app so not a lot to lose giving it a try:

http://appshopper.com/utilities/remote-mouse-mobiletrackpad-free-for-ipad

Part of its description:

Turn your iPad into a wireless touchpad and keyboard now!
    You can take control of your presentations from anywhere in the room.

Features:

Two finger tapping for double click.
    Two finger dragging for scroll.
    Function keyboard with arrow keys.
    Touchpad with vertical and horizontal orientation.
    Accelerometer based mouse.
    Works over WiFi network or 3G.

4. robgendreau macrumors 68040

I'm a big fan of Remoter; on sale now. Does SSH too. Very easy connections and good controls. There's also Splashtop.

Rob