Control my MacBook pro from my iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JamesOK, Jul 19, 2012.

1. JamesOK macrumors member

I was wondering if there was an app that allows me to control my MacBook pro from my iPhone (or iPad) remotely?

Thanks!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I believe you can use something like Jaadu or LogMeIn.

3. JamesOK thread starter macrumors member

4. Nozuka macrumors 68000

5. JamesOK thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I have Parralels. This may work for me. I'll buy the mobile app. Seems to be on sale now. I'll try this tomorrow.

6. netslacker macrumors 6502

+1 for logmein.com

logmein.com has a free tier and a free mobile app. It's also accessible from any browser so the flexibility is there.

I use it all the time and works great for windows and Mac hosts for remote access.

7. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Macs already have screen sharing built in; just look for VNC apps for the phone.

What sets apart the good ones are the controls, since controlling a Mac screen with an itty bitty iPhone is a bit painful. I like Remoter VNC; it's a nice app and relatively inexpensive.

Logmein and TeamViewer are services; they can make it somewhat easier for people who don't know how to use the built-in sharing capabilities of their Macs, or how to share various services over the internet.

And if you don't need to control the whole screen there are a bunch of remote control apps; Apple makes one for example.