Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

la321

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
I have an iPhone SE and if I have music on YouTube and swipe up on control panel the music will not play it will be blank but music will play on my iPod 6 touch. How can I fix this?

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
I have an iPhone SE and if I have music on YouTube and swipe up on control panel the music will not play it will be blank but music will play on my iPod 6 touch. How can I fix this?

Try closing the YouTube app in the app switcher and try to play music.

Jimmyss

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2017
This does not work for the YouTube App. However, if you play that video on safari then you can play it from the Control Center.

la321

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
It's playing in safari I dont use the YouTube app. When pressing play in control panel just the pause button appear and nothing plays.

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
It's playing in safari I dont use the YouTube app. When pressing play in control panel just the pause button appear and nothing plays.

It probably isn't supported by the YouTube site (YouTube being YouTube). I wouldn't rely on that to play videos, but rather, music that plays in the background.

la321

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
I'm only trying to get it to play music but it wont. The player on control panel will show the name of song from YouTube but after pressing play there is no music but it will say now play on iPhone. On my iPod if I leave safari and press play on control panel music plays in background. I don't know why my phone will not play the music.

la321

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
I tried Firefox app and went to YouTube chose a song and pressed home button then brought up control center pressed play and music playing in background. Does anyone know why it isn't working on safari for me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.