iPhone Control panel not pulling up (at all)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sunking101, Feb 18, 2015.

1. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I'm experiencing frequent bouts of my control panel not pulling up. I don't mean it's slow to appear, it just doesn't pull up at all. Same too with my notification panel, it isn't there either.
    This has only recently started to happen. Any ideas?

2. Armen, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm assuming you are talking about the control center? If so, it acts flaky at the lock screen sometimes. Notification center works fine everywhere from what I've experienced.

3. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Yeah, I get unresponsive Control Centre occasionally, but only on the lock screen, and only with my 6 Plus (I don't recall getting it on my 6 but I could be wrong).

Worth noting that 8.3 fixes this (but breaks a lot of other things so no thanks lol)

4. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

My issues are system-wide, not just on the lock screen.
    Out of curiosity, what do you think that 8.1.3 breaks?

5. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Under Settings/Control Center you can turn it off for the lock screen and within apps. Is it possible it got turned off somehow?

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Out of curiosity is it possible you have a thick case on your phone that is preventing your finger from easily swiping up or down? I just remembered when I had a Otterbox on my phone I couldn't get the CC or NC to come up while it was in that case as easily.

7. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

Sadly not, there is nothing obstructing anything.
    This issue happened after I did a 'reset all settings'...so I did another 'reset all settings' and still the issue is present. I know the obvious thing here is a full restore etc but why would a settings reset cause a problem?

8. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

8.3 not 8.1.3. For one it breaks the keeping track of last played playlist which is a pretty big deal to me. Also breaks battery life pretty badly (because of debugging fluff).

It's a pretty stable beta but I'll take a noncompliant CC over battery life loss and Music app weirdness.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I don't understand why you are facing these strange issues. Reset all settings has nothing to do with the Control Center because there is nothing there you can customize to begin with.

10. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

A conflicting app? I've had a lot of app updates recently.
    Really though, my 6+ is buggy as heck. Very annoying.

11. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

Judging by your posts on the forums, you have a ton of problems with your 6+.

Have you thought about having Apple replace it?

12. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

Already been down and it checked out ok. The genius even said that he was having problems with his 6+ and to wait for an iOS update...
    I read posts from others about iOS8 being buggy as heck, and I read posts stating that the 6+ runs worse than the 4.7" i6.
    Then I read posts from others who say that their phones perform flawlessly, so I really don't know what to think at this point.