Control PC from your Mac ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hierik, Aug 27, 2009.

1. hierik macrumors member

Hi guys

So I have this friend who wants to control his PC via an app for mac. Anyone know this phenomenon ? Can it be done ?

Best Regards

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

SSH? Remote desktop? Lot's of ways to go about it. What do you need to make the PC do? And what OS is it running?

3. GamaFu macrumors regular

I personally use LogMeIn a lot. Their free option is excellent for normal usage. You can control a PC or Mac cross-platform right in your browser. It doesn't allow you to transfer file between two computers though, I'd suggest use Dropbox with LogMeIn, if you need this specific function.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I love Yuuguu. Cross platform wonderfulness. It's just like using an IM client.

5. rmwebs macrumors 68040

I do this all the time.

I've got a Mac Mini running XP (Long story short, it's got a huge cut across the memory pins, and OS X wont install because of it. XP works fine though, so was the only choice) for a HTPC.

From my iMac and MBP I login to it using the Windows Remote Desktop client for the Mac.

I'm using it on XP Pro. I dont think it would work on XP Home.

Another alternative, just use a VNC client/server. Chicken of The VNC and any windows VNC server would do it :)

6. nadyne macrumors 6502a