Control Strip Position on Screen

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by bunnspecial, Sep 3, 2014.

1. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I'm a bit dumb when it comes to anything pre-OSX, so I apologize if this is a question with an obvious answer.

One thing that I've noticed is that as I've moved some of my computers to larger screens, the control strip seems to migrate upward on the screen. It's particularly noticeable on my 8500(running OS 7.5.5), to which I just connected a 15" LCD. On that computer, the control strip shows up roughly in the middle of the screen.

I even have an issue with my Quicksilver G4, on which I'm still using the same 17" ADC Cinema Display that was connected to the computer when I installed OS 9.2.2. The control strip is a couple of inches from the bottom of the screen.

Is there any way that I can adjust the position of the control strip and put it to the bottom of the screen? Needless to say, having it in the middle of the screen is a bit intrusive. I've played around, and can't seem to find a setting for this.

2. MacTech68 macrumors 68020

MacTech68

Hold down the "option" key and grab the end of the control strip to reposition it vertically.

Also, dragging it left to right will change which side of the screen it comes out from.

3. bunnspecial thread starter macrumors 603

bunnspecial

4. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

I've wanted to know this for years! I've been doing it wrong my whole life :eek: