Control volume on individual applications

Kimbie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
UK
On Vista and 7 you can control the individual volume of applications, is this possible on OSX and if so how

Thanks

Kimbie

waynep

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2009
Don't know of this is what your looking for. I am new to Mac, about 4 weeks. I found out today that I can control volume in iTunes with Command-Up Arrow and Command-Down Arrow. It's separate from the hardware volume keys on my MBP.

Kimbie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
UK
Don't know of this is what your looking for. I am new to Mac, about 4 weeks. I found out today that I can control volume in iTunes with Command-Up Arrow and Command-Down Arrow. It's separate from the hardware volume keys on my MBP.
Thanks but that is not what im looking for.

brijazz

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Generally, any app that outputs audio has its own volume controls built in (iTunes, video plug-ins for Safari, Quicktime, GarageBand, etc.). Is there an app that's giving you trouble?

Kimbie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
UK
Generally, any app that outputs audio has its own volume controls built in (iTunes, video plug-ins for Safari, Quicktime, GarageBand, etc.). Is there an app that's giving you trouble?
Well I se Chrome and visit websites that have flash games some dont have a button to turn off sound

Kimbie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.