control your iPhone with your Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bmorris, Mar 2, 2010.

1. bmorris macrumors 6502

bmorris

Is there a way to control your iPhone with your Mac?
    Like while I'm at my desk and my phone gets a text or whatsapp message, a way to respond via my Mac.

Kind of like in Tiger's Address Book you could connect certain phones with bluetooth and do texting.

I doubt this is possible and if it is it's probably a jail break thing.

Just hoping.

2. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

It's called not being lazy

(if you had a google voice account, then that might work, but you should research that on your own)

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Huh?? Why is the OP lazy and what does Google Voice have to with it? :confused:

OP, your initial thinking is probably correct. You can't do this w/o being jailbroke. Whether you can jailbroke, IDK.

4. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

cause he can just plug his phone into his computer/have it by his side, then just respond on the iPhone when he gets a text message

Google Voice allows you to take phone calls and text messages right on your computer ( ie you can send and receive text messages to people online)

5. JoshBoy macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

How is that been lazy?

If i am sitting here replying to emails on a full size keyboard, taking phone calls and doing work i will be much quicker doing the same with text messaging. Nokia give this option to people when you connect the phone to a PC.

This was something i looked in to back in 2007 when i first got an iphone. At this point in time it can not be done with out jail breaking and I looked into it so i would be efficient not lazy!