Controller to tv delay

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by AlbertaA, Oct 13, 2012.

1. AlbertaA macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I've just bought a new tv:
    55'' RCA
    LED
    120hz (Although when on it says 60hz)
    8ms response time

I purchased it thinking it be good for gaming,
    When i play Call of duty (mw3) i notice a delay from when i press a button. and when i try to aim with the right joystick it skips the screen and its not a smooth movement, very annoying, if anyone could maybe help explain why it does this or how to fix it please let me know.

I had it hooked up through HDMI cables and switched it to the componets cables, (Blue,Green,red) and there was no difference.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Many (most?) TVs have various process going on in the background to try to improve the the look of the image and while these aren't noticeable when watching TV they can be noticeable for twitch gaming like CoD or Guitar Hero. There should be a way in your TV's menus to turn these settings off. Some TVs have a 'game mode' which turns them all off with just a single setting.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yeah, switch off all those "features" on your TV. Keep them off for films and TV otherwise you'll see a delay there as well.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Most new tv's have a specific game mode to optimise speed are reduce controller lag. :)

5. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    It's actually not controller or input lag. The lag is on the other end, technically display lag.