iPad Controllers for Games on the Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Scarpad, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I have a new Air, and games like Modern Combat 4 look fantastic, but I suck at using on screen controls for FPS. Can these games be used with Bluetooth game controllers and what are some of the best ones to use with the Ipad ?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

How would that work?

Hold the iPad with one hand, the controller with another?

Sit the iPad on a desk, and hunch near its small 10" display with the controller? I can think of better devices that involve 24-60" displays I would rather skip to at that point.

Try the Fling devices?

3. THFourteen macrumors 6502

None have been announced yet but they are coming.

Theres an article on pocketgamer.co.uk about it if you google

4. Scarpad thread starter macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Eh use the stand case I have to have it sit on the table... really tough stuff there...

5. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

I am really looking forward to use my 3rd gen ipad with a controller as well.

As I travel extensively, the ipad/iphone is basically my away from home consoles.

I also carry the hdmi 30 pin adapter, so if I am lucky enough to be at a hotel where they haven't locked down the external inputs I can connect it up to the big screen to play movies (or games with an external controller) as well.

I thought the game pads would have been released by now, but we are still waiting. I am hopeful that gamepad game support will become ubiquitous once these are released.

6. blackbear219 macrumors regular

AirPlay.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The only problem w/ your scenario is that most of us don't own a jet or train and common carriers don't allow you to set up a 24" TV on board. You see an iPad is meant to be a mobile device... you take it anywhere b/c it's light but powerful. In your version you are tethered to a fixed location. Some people are always on the go and just looking for a few minutes to kill or decompress.

But let me tell you how gaming w/ an iPad + controller works since you aren't that creative it appears:

Many cases double as stands so no need to hold the iPad up. Both hands are free for a controller such as the iMpulse

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

See, you say controller, I imagining an xbox/ps3 like controller. Carrying it around everywhere, iPad in messenger, controller in hand. Figuring out a corner to stow in briefcase. Clutzy.

The keychain controller is clever though.