Controlling calls/music/podcasts from the watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bob24, Apr 26, 2015.

1. bob24 macrumors 6502

I have a couple of questions for people who have the watch already.

When you initiate a phone call (or answer one) from the Watch, can you chose whether the audio will go to the watch or to your phone?

Typical use case would be walking down the street with earphones listening to music and initiating a call on the watch to avoid taking the phone out, but still sending the audio to the earphones.

Also is it possible to answer and initiate FaceTime Audio calls? (I think I read here it is not but just double-checking as it seems strange to me)

And last question: is it possible to use the watch to start the music app on the phone? And what about the podcast app?

Thanks!

2. shandyman Suspended

FaceTime Audio - No
    Music - Yes
    Podcasts - No
    Initiate call from watch, is watch only. you can transfer it during the call though.

3. bob24 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks a lot! - hopefully the missing bits are coming as remote controlling the phone would be a big plus for me (I have to walk through a slightly dodgy area on my way to work and prefer to keep the phone in my pocket unless really necessary when I am around there :)).

Just one question on the last point: when you say you can transfer a call to the phone after it has been initiated from the watch - can this be done on the watch itself or do you have to take the phone out of your pocket?

4. shandyman Suspended

It's on the watch screen.

5. bob24 thread starter macrumors 6502

OK great to know - thanks!