Controlling old ipod touch with new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Knisse, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Knisse, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015

Knisse macrumors member

Hello there.

I definitely need some help here. I have a music system that i want to connect with a minijack to an iPod touch, and then control the iTunes in the iPod touch with my iPhone 6. Airplay is not an option.
    I have not yet purchased the iPod touch, since it is only going to be used for one thing i would definitely prefer the cheapest option as possible (gen. 1, 2 or 3).
    Nor have I decided on which program/app to use, matter of fact i only heard about Tango Remote.

*If anyone have any experience with the apps that let me do the above, would they work with previous gens iPod touches (1, 2 or 3 perhaps?)
    *And in general are you even able to connect older iPods (with old iOS) with my new macbook air that runs 10.10.2 Yosemite? And add the music in itunes.
    *Just a side question, if i also get an Samsung Galaxy s5, can i control an iPod touch with that?
    *Any issues that i have missed please let me know!

Thanks!

2. robertosh macrumors 6502

robertosh

Why not using something like this?

Bluetooth audio receiver

You can send directly the audio from your iPhone to your audio system.

3. Knisse thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for that suggestion. But i must admit i am not interested in any kind of wireless music streaming, in my experience they almost always lead to some kind of instability. If i only need to control the play, swap tracks and sound etc there is a better chance of just being able to listen to music.

4. robertosh macrumors 6502

robertosh

I don't think that any wired solution exists.

5. Knisse thread starter macrumors member

I think a combination is there. Use a Touch connected with minijack to my B&W A7, and then use an app (like Tango Remote) to control the Touch with my iPhone... In that case the music itself is wired, but the control is wireless.

That was at least my idea, but it would be semi-expensive to just buy a Touch and hope that it works.