Controlling Which Groups Sync to iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by prairiefire, Dec 5, 2011.

1. prairiefire macrumors member

Hi,

How do I control which Groups from the address book on my Mac sync to my iPad through me.com?

To avoid duplicates, following advice on this site I turned off the Sync Address Book Contacts in iTunes and rely on me.com to do the syncing. However, I'm not getting the contact groups I want on the iPad and some I don't.

The only place where I can see making a choice of which groups to sync is in iTunes -- can't fine it in me.com or on any other preference.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

sjh

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

As far as I can tell, syncing contacts through me.com is an all or nothing deal. If you want to selectively sync contact groups, it appears that yoo should turn off syncing with me.com and sync with your computer onlly. The key to avoiding duplicates is to sync with only one source. It shouldn't matter if the source is me.com or your computer.

That said, it's odd that you are currently missing some groups, since if you are syncing with me.com, then all your contacts should show up on your iPad. I'd try going to me.com through the web browser on your computer, to check that all your groups are synced there.