Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crampinator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Okay people I'm trying to downgrade my iPhone 4 on a Mac from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3 (got blobs) I went the usual Shift-Restore way on iTunes and I get error 1013 (as usual) and went into Recovery Mode when I opened Tiny Umbrella there was no Exit Recovery option so I clicked Fix Recovery, left it running for like 10 minutes to no avail. Attempted RecBoot which did nothing. Then I restored to 4.3.3 again, when it hit Recovery Mode I put it on DFU and ran Redsnow, pointed it to the 4.3.3 .ipsw and Jailbroke, that actually booted my phone but then I had no Carrier or signal. A friend suggested another fresh Restore and Redsnow and point it to the 4.3.2 .ipsw, when the phone booted I had one Signal Bar but still no Carrier. I read somewhere to install Ultrasnow and that would fix it, it didn't work. Since I need my phone I updated to 4.3.4 again but I would love to downgrade. Any ideas or solutions that don't involve Pwnage Tool before I try again? I read that I needed to uncheck all boxes in the Advanced section of Tiny Umbrella and I've also read of a TU Recovery Loop fix but don't know how to execute it. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Not sure what you are doing, but this is what you should be doing;

1.) Put it into DFU using Apple's instructions (connect iphone into itunes/computer, hold power button 3 secs, Power+home for 10 secs, release power and just hold home button until your iphone STAYS off completely and is recognized by itunes, should take no more than 15 secs)

2.) Restore to 4.2.8 ipsw. If you can't do this due to itunes error, while you're on the most recent version of itunes and after trying different usb ports, then your SHSH wasn't saved so you are more or less scr3w3d until the next untethered jailbreak.

3.) Jailbreak using redsn0w rc19 (google it)

My guess is your SHSH wasn't ever saved, or you aren't entering DFU mode but think you are. If you're so sure it was, google the error you get and see what comes up.

crampinator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Not sure what you are doing, but this is what you should be doing;

1.) Put it into DFU using Apple's instructions (connect iphone into itunes/computer, hold power button 3 secs, Power+home for 10 secs, release power and just hold home button until your iphone STAYS off completely and is recognized by itunes, should take no more than 15 secs)

2.) Restore to 4.2.8 ipsw. If you can't do this due to itunes error, while you're on the most recent version of itunes and after trying different usb ports, then your SHSH wasn't saved so you are more or less scr3w3d until the next untethered jailbreak.

3.) Jailbreak using redsn0w rc19 (google it)

My guess is your SHSH wasn't ever saved, or you aren't entering DFU mode but think you are. If you're so sure it was, google the error you get and see what comes up.

I have my blobs, they showed both on Cydia & TU, I can't possibly restore to 4.2.8 because I'm on ATT. I'm succesfully downgraded from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3 so blobs aren't the problem, the problem is when I exit the Recovery Loop via Redsn0w my phone isn't activated because I have no Carrier or signal. I need a way to exit recovery without my phone turning into a fat iPod.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Did you start the TU server? Are your blobs on the computer, cydia or both? If cydia, make sure the appropriate boxes are checked to direct to cydia.
Are you using custom firmware or stock? With custom, you have to uncheck activation for at&t users.

Just because a previous user wrote the wrong firmware number doesn't mean the advice doesn't apply to you.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
I to ran into similar issues last night when I tried to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3--Cydia has my 4.3.3 SHSH blob saved and TU has 4.3.2 saved. I get stuck in the recovery loop and TU won't knock it out of recovery either.

Any suggestions?

norrismantooth

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2010
Dallas, TX
Here's a screenshot to make things simpler.

tupref.png

norrismantooth

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2010
Dallas, TX
If you're trying to downgrade to 4.3.2, request it from whoever has your 4.3.2 blob.

Also, you can do a search for custom 4.3.3. IPSW - I think I got mine from GeoHot'z. I restored from custom, and used JB.me. I think Apple is still signing 4.3.3. Not sure.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
When downgrading, should I start TU's TSS Servers or should I edit the 'host' file in iTunes so its directed to Saurik's servers instead?

himni

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2009
Okay people I'm trying to downgrade my iPhone 4 on a Mac from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3 (got blobs) I went the usual Shift-Restore way on iTunes and I get error 1013 (as usual) and went into Recovery Mode when I opened Tiny Umbrella there was no Exit Recovery option so I clicked Fix Recovery, left it running for like 10 minutes to no avail. Attempted RecBoot which did nothing. Then I restored to 4.3.3 again, when it hit Recovery Mode I put it on DFU and ran Redsnow, pointed it to the 4.3.3 .ipsw and Jailbroke, that actually booted my phone but then I had no Carrier or signal. A friend suggested another fresh Restore and Redsnow and point it to the 4.3.2 .ipsw, when the phone booted I had one Signal Bar but still no Carrier. I read somewhere to install Ultrasnow and that would fix it, it didn't work. Since I need my phone I updated to 4.3.4 again but I would love to downgrade. Any ideas or solutions that don't involve Pwnage Tool before I try again? I read that I needed to uncheck all boxes in the Advanced section of Tiny Umbrella and I've also read of a TU Recovery Loop fix but don't know how to execute it. Any help would be appreciated.

Download the latest TU (5.00.07) and under Advanced select "UPDATE iPHONE 4 BASEBAND"

Then start TSS server and restore to 4.3.3

You shouldn't get a 1013 error. See if this works for you.

If that doesn't work download this from TU's website (Windows) or (MAC)

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Download the latest TU (5.00.07) and under Advanced select "UPDATE iPHONE 4 BASEBAND"

I'll try selecting the "updating iphone 4 baseband" and try my luck, I'll keep you posted.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL

Do I need to start TSS server? Or can I just edit the host file?

I ask this because, when I start TSS servers, I get the error 21. When I edit the host file, I get the 1013 error.

himni

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2009
for the error 21 try doing it again but put the iPhone in DFU mode and then restoring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.