Convenient Rain Protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by firewood, Oct 30, 2008.

1. firewood macrumors 604

I normally carry my iPhone bare in my pocket or in a slim leather belt case. But rainy season is upon me. What's the most convenient way to protect my iPhone from water damage in case I get caught out in the rain, or even need to take/make a phone call out in the rain? Is there some way to plug up all the holes on the top/bottom/sides?

2. firewood thread starter macrumors 604

Pretty bulky to carry on of those around just in case you get caught in the rain.

3. firewood thread starter macrumors 604

Anyone make a nice looking waterproof plug for the headphone jack?

4. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

5. ClayMac macrumors member

Took my Iphone out on the boat in this past rainy season here in FL. I had it in a double ziploc bag (thats one bag two Zip Seals).

The Phone worked great in the bag. Calls could be understood and my grandmother could understand me even with the wind blowing. She said I was clear as a bell which made me think that maybe I should always have a bag on it, lol I digress. The bag did trigger the proximity sensor though so it was a little hard at times to dial out but other than that it was flawless.

This was one of the reasons I bought the Iphone 3g in the first place though so while on the boat I can check email and check which direction the storms are coming from and use the gps (though I have a separate GPS unit). For me water protection for my Iphone goes beyond fashion. If fashion is a big concern you could just put an Apple sticker on the backside of the bag and be InLikeFlin.

6. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

7. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

Ziploc snack bags. Fits great and you can still make calls and use the screen. Of course, it hardly ever rains here, so I only use it at the pool and beach. I might look for a nicer looking solution if I lived somewhere that actually got rain!