Conversation with apple support ...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by va.cambridge, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. va.cambridge macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered a couple of watches (42mm space black and 42mm milanese loop). The milanese loop has a delivery estimate of 4/24 - 5/8, whereas the space black has an estimate of 5/13 - 5/27).

Since a bunch of people's statuses were changing, I figured it would be worth asking apple's support to see what's up. They gave me pretty much the same information as above but did confirm that it mostly depends on when the warehouse(s) process my particular order.

I put in my orders at around 3:03/04 AM EST (the space black first, then almost immediately afterwards the milanese loop)

My order confirmations from Apple came in at 3:04:54 AM EST and 3:06:46 AM EST respectively.

Here's the interesting part: I asked if he could tell when my order actually came in and he said (quoting verbatim): "The times that the orders were created were 4:48am and 6:41am."

I asked why the disparity and he said that the point at which I put in the order (3:03/04 AM EST) is the first step. The other times reflected above are when the order actually hits their system.

Anyway, that's all. In the meantime, I'm going to sit here and keep refreshing my order status page! :D

2. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Why do you people insist on nagging Apple Support with issues that don't apply to them? Leave them alone and let them do the jobs they were hired to do. Your watches will arrive soon enough.

3. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Yeah, I'm with you. With almost 2+ millions watches to ship out, let them do their job. It will arrive when it is ready. I'm not trying to be rude.

4. Azzin macrumors 68040

Wow, so they told you it would depend on when the warehouse processes your order?

Mindblowing revelation-who'd have thought?

Cool story tho.

5. va.cambridge thread starter macrumors newbie

6. shandyman Suspended

Well done for being the 15th person today to post about their conversation with the Apple Reps, who, as everyone on here knows, are unreliable in this situation. :rolleyes:

7. RichiMac macrumors regular

8. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

You are asking them questions that they are not equipped to properly answer. On top of that you are taking them away from actual support calls, causing longer wait times for people who actually need support.

In this case i would say it definitely hurts to ask.

9. mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

yes it does:
    - hurts those of us that do need real support, and have to wait long minutes because of people asking when their watch is going to be delivered
    - every launch, there are thousands and thousands of people like you making this kind of call; that requires a lot of folks to answer those calls, which costs a lot of money, guess who ends up paying...

I assume you're the guy that calls my HOA every other day because my grass is too high?

just relax man...

10. va.cambridge thread starter macrumors newbie

What's the phone number for your HOA? I'll be happy to give them a call because you really should give it a trim.

11. RichiMac macrumors regular

lol. apparently the definition of troll has changed, and people who can't get apple support come here to fix the problem.

anyway, thanks for another slant on delivery issue. there are a lot of people in the forum looking for clues and sharing their info. only a few grumpy trolls as far as I can tell. :apple::cool:

12. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.