Conversations With Other Women

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mkrishnan, Oct 2, 2007.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

(IMDB)

[​IMG]

This movie is still just wending its way to new release status at my Blockbuster... :rolleyes: I didn't see an existing thread about it, so I thought I'd make one.

I first loved the movie because I hadn't seen many good efforts from Helena Bonham Carter in the past several years, in spite her having been, in the past, one of my favorite actresses. She's excellent in this movie.

Cinematographically, though, this movie is really a creative tour de force. I was also bemused to see that the makers are even bigger Mac geeks than I am! :p Apparently it was the first movie to ever credit FCP in the onscreen credits....

P.S. The bridesmaid character in the elevator totally reminds me of the Wisconsin girls from Love, Actually. :D

2. runningman macrumors regular

It looks like he's having a conversation with the women on her chest.:eek:

3. theyoda3 macrumors member

Wow, thank you so much for posting this! I had known that this movie was around and I noted that it was shot with 2 cameras and really wanted to see it. Sadly I forgot the title, so when I wanted to see it a month or so ago I was not able to. Thank you for identifying the movie!

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

This film and HSM/HSM2 seem to be at opposites. What does this actually say about your taste? :p

Hopefully, the story is carried out as well as the technical details. Too much depends on empty cleverness lately.

5. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Haha, this is Helena Bonham Carter we're talking about...that's not going to be a very long conversation. :eek: :D

I definitely recommend it for your queue. :)

You got me there, B. My tastes are, ahem, eclectic and varied. :D The technical details of the movie are really more prominent in hindsight... I did not find them very distracting at all during the movie. They blend into the background, and the acting, which I think is excellent on Carter's part and reasonably good on Eckhart's part, and the story come to the fore.

I don't know if you'll like the story. My perspective is that this is much more like excellent French romantic comedies that I have seen than it is like British or American ones (despite its choice of principal talent and also its location, in NYC). That is, it's openly tentative and indecisive. Although I love movies like Love, Actually and The Holiday, this isn't one of those movies where the story line gets fully tied up in a nice bow and wrapping paper by the end of the movie. The mood also reminds me a lot of French cinema.

Anyway, though, I really enjoyed it.

6. runningman macrumors regular

Ah the conversation may be short but we're men remember

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

How could we forget? She's saying "My face is up here!" ;)

8. runningman macrumors regular

So the movie is a documentary of how men ride in elevators and try to remember what floor to get off on.:D

9. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Don't be crass... it's really not. :rolleyes:

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I had placed you above 5 years old until that remark.

11. runningman macrumors regular

Thank you I'll be here all week try the roast beef don't forget to tip your waitress. :)