Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

statikcat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
I have looked high and low and can not find any Mac software that will take video_ts folders and convert them to a format with multiple language/subtitle tracks. Handbrake does this but it "burns" the subtitles into the video which kind of defeats the purpose.. as if I decide to watch the video in English I want to be able to watch it without subtitles.

I am thinking I may have to use Windows software on bootcamp to do this :(. If so, what good software for XP on my Mac would be good for this?

I know these kind of questions are annoying in this forums but I need some guidance on this one ;)

Fox 8991

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2007
California
i'm having trouble with this one as well, have u tried using ffmpegx? I'm hearing that you can load the subtitle track in that you want on there and have it stay selectable. Try this out it may help you. HOW TO MAKE A DVD WITH SELECTABLE SUBTITLES ON MAC OSX WITH FFMPEGX If you have any luck with it message me because i'd like to add the subtitle track that plays when characters are speaking a different language to it and be able to burn it in dvd format.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.