Conversion software that supports multiple language/subtitle tracks

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by statikcat, Dec 14, 2007.

1. statikcat macrumors 6502

statikcat

I have looked high and low and can not find any Mac software that will take video_ts folders and convert them to a format with multiple language/subtitle tracks. Handbrake does this but it "burns" the subtitles into the video which kind of defeats the purpose.. as if I decide to watch the video in English I want to be able to watch it without subtitles.

I am thinking I may have to use Windows software on bootcamp to do this :(. If so, what good software for XP on my Mac would be good for this?

I know these kind of questions are annoying in this forums but I need some guidance on this one ;)

2. Fox 8991 macrumors newbie

Fox 8991

i'm having trouble with this one as well, have u tried using ffmpegx? I'm hearing that you can load the subtitle track in that you want on there and have it stay selectable. Try this out it may help you. HOW TO MAKE A DVD WITH SELECTABLE SUBTITLES ON MAC OSX WITH FFMPEGX If you have any luck with it message me because i'd like to add the subtitle track that plays when characters are speaking a different language to it and be able to burn it in dvd format.