Conversion to .acc file help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Gthegreatone, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Gthegreatone macrumors newbie

I tried to convert my songs into .acc to save some space but when I did it duplicated all the some Ive selected. I have hundreds of songs so is there an easy way to sort all the double so I can delete them???

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

View > Show Duplicates.

P.S. I'm sure you meant AAC.

3. MisterEd macrumors 6502

If you show duplicates, then sort them by 'date added', you will be able to see the converted AAC ones (which will have been added more recently). Then you can select the old ones in one go and delete them.

Ed

4. Gthegreatone thread starter macrumors newbie

where can i find "date added"??? i tried sorting it by duplicate but i still have to erase them one by one... is there an easier way of doing a mass delete of all dups???

5. gswyckoff macrumors newbie

View Duplicates

Not sure if this will help, but in iTunes click Music in library, then click the View menu option, then click Show Duplicates. Now click the column heading for Kind to sort by Kind. All AAC files will be grouped together. The unconverted files will also be together. Again, this view only shows duplicates. Next, click the first unconverted duplicate (I'm guessing MPEG's), now after scrolling to the bottom of the files you wish to delete, hold the Shift key down and click the last file. This should how have highlighted all the files you want to delete. Hit the delete key and answer the prompt as to whether or not to keep the actual files or send them to the trash can.

To be safe, you may want to simply Uncheck the selection so they will not be on your iPod, keeping them in your library for other uses, such as cell phones.