conversion to iCloud seems to "hang"

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by John Paul, Jan 6, 2012.

1. John Paul, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

John Paul macrumors member

Just this morning finally decided to convert my MobileMe account to iCloud. Followed all the directions, seemed to work fine except on my desktop (my "main" computer) the process seems to be hung.

For those who have done this, if you remember, towards the very end of the process you click on a box and it opens up the Preferences panel to the MobileMe preferences. Well on that panel, there is a little box that pops "down" from the top bar that says "Finishing Move to iCloud..." with a little spinning thing next to it.

Well that has been sitting there and spinning for....hmmm...working on 45 minutes now. This is on an (almost) brand-new iMac. The conversion seems to have gone flawlessly on my iPad, but on the iMac I am stuck.

Any ideas?

EDIT: running the latest version of Lion. Longtime (4+ years) user of the paid version of MobileMe. Not sure if any other info would be relevant that I have left out. If so, let me know.

2. John Paul thread starter macrumors member

Much ado about nothing.

I waited over an hour, finally decided to force-quit out of Preferences, and everything seems to be fine. Things are syncing properly, when I open up Preferences again there is no spinning-anything, so no biggie.

I was worried that a force-quit would mess up the conversion, but my worries were unfounded.