Convert apple watch 2 into nike version

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kr4nG, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Kr4nG macrumors newbie

Hello. I would like to know the simple answer if I were to purchase the apple watch 2, would I be able to convert it into the nike version. I was under the impression that it was running a different app inside watch. So a regular apple watch 2 should be able to get the nike version as well?

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

You can't get the custom Nike watch faces or the OEM band.

3. Kr4nG thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. So your saying the wallpaper and the band is different. But if you want the band cant you just purchase that as extra? So anything done on the nike version cannot be done on the reg version?

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Considering they're the same price, I'm unsure why you wouldn't just buy the Nike version.

At present the official Nike+ band is unavailable for separate purchase, and while there are aftermarket knock-off versions the impressions I've read seem mixed.

I actually like the Nike+ watch faces and am glad I waited until I could get the Nike edition in black/gray.

5. Kr4nG thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I was thinking the same thing too now. This will be a gift and I wanted to make it worthy. Im sure in a few months someone will figure out how to grab the nike faces and put them on the reg version. This explains it for me. Thanks all.

6. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Has anyone figured out how to get the Hermes faces on a regular AW? I would suspect the Nike faces would be equally as easy or as hard as the Hermes faces.

7. 2SwiFt29 macrumors regular

2SwiFt29

My wife got me the Nike Watch for my birthday today. I have yet to open it. I was curious besides from the Nike faces, it can still access all the other faces available on the Watch 2 right like the Mickey Mouse one?

8. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

9. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

Yes, it has all the regular faces plus the extra Nike+ faces. that with the exclusive band it is a nice deal at the same price.

10. Relentless Power, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Not exactly, there is a loop hole for the Nike Band. If one was Willing, there are sellers on eBay listing the authentic Nike Band for sale in the various colors offered. That is, if one is willing to pay the amount for the band and truly wanted it. (Yes, I realize the Nike Band is not available from Apple's website or sold separately, which this serves as an alternative method.)