Convert avi 2 dvd, & add subtitles

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by czeluff, Apr 30, 2007.

1. czeluff macrumors 6502

Hello to all,

I have a .avi file along with the subtitles (in a separate file that has a .sub extension).

Currently, I can use VLC to open the movie file, and then attach the .sub file on top of it. But this is a pain. i'd rather just burn it to a DVD (I can use Toast, or Nero, or whatever).

How do I attach the two together before burning?

Thanks

cz

2. lio macrumors newbie

Yes !!! ... does anybody knows??

I mean it would be amazing if there is a program for mac :apple: like "Convert x to dvd " for Windows..

I would appreciate any help! ;)

3. kahlil88 macrumors member

kahlil88

I'm guessing it's a DivX movie? Not totally sure about the subtitles, but Burn can write movies to DVD and will convert obscure formats to DVD MPEG (might need Perian).

4. lio macrumors newbie

Thank you kahlil88 for your answer, but "Burn" does not support subtitles.. :(

I have searched a lot, and have not found the appropriate application for mac.. :apple::(

5. H&Kie macrumors regular

6. raskolnikov Guest

Great answers! I love Submerge, by the way. Nevertheless, I can't find a way to save my AVI-plus-subtitles file back to AVI format, Submerge offers only MOV. Has anyone figured this out?!

7. dhd macrumors member

dhd

FFmpegx can make a dvd with subs from an avi and srt files...

8. rejoyce macrumors newbie

This is exactly the problem I'm having, MOV files are no good to my IOMega ScreenPlay Media Drive, Submerge is great and adds the subtitles in no time, but is there a way to save as AVI or convert to AVI, I tried ffmpeg but it takes 1.5hrs per film and crashed doing its 1st one...

if you hear how its done i'd love to know...