CONVERT DIGITAL VIDEO to ANALOG (VHS) ????

Eatsnax

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
Before I get the usual question "Why would you do that" I'm doing it for a video that requires an old video look. I'd rather not use plugins if possible. I did it before with a Dazzle converter and I used a specific program. I have no idea what that program was.

Right now I have a GigaWare Video Converter and I'm using VideoGlide software.

Any advice would be great. I just want to take the HD video I have and have it record to VHS tape then send it back.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
well the options out there could be anywhere from $50 to $200.
capture cards that go the other way such as Composite or SVHS.

DJenkins

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Before I get the usual question "Why would you do that" I'm doing it for a video that requires an old video look. I'd rather not use plugins if possible. I did it before with a Dazzle converter and I used a specific program. I have no idea what that program was.

Right now I have a GigaWare Video Converter and I'm using VideoGlide software.

Any advice would be great. I just want to take the HD video I have and have it record to VHS tape then send it back.
The Canopus ADVC range is good and simple if you have a firewire port. Even look on ebay for second hand ones.

needfx

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
not really sure that your idea will yield the effect you imagined, unless you play the video over & over and the tape eventually degenerates, but how close is your deadline?

have you tried after effects?