Convert DVDs (and menu!) to Ipad format

Discussion in 'iPad' started by amt976, Apr 18, 2012.

1. amt976 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,
    I would like to convert my favorite series to the ipad/itunes format (mpeg4 I guess).

I've tried 'handbrake' but I can't burn the title menu, therefore I end up with only one language and I cannot choose episodes.

Any way to convert the full DVD package with menu?

2. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I can't help with the language track question, but you can encode (not "burn") the individual title tracks for each episode. Most typical TV series DVDs will have each episode under a different title track. Just select the drop-down on the top left of the Handbrake menu to whichever title track you wish to encode.

ft

3. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

You need to rip the episodes individually. Also you can pick which languages to keep and get rid of. You can't keep the menu on the iPad

4. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

You won't be able to do the menu, but you can still do what you want. You have a choice with how to get all the episodes; either rip them as individual files (this is the way most people do it) or you can find the title that links to the "Play All" item found on most DVDs, which will be a single long video with all the episodes. Handbrake will insert chapter markers between each episode (assuming they were on the DVD, which is typical) along with chapter markers in each episode, usually where the commercial breaks were at (again, assuming they were in the original DVD).

For the multiple languages, you have to go to the audio tab in Handbrake and add additional audio tracks. The drop down menu will usually list what language they are, but not always. You can put in as many AAC tracks as you'd like, but I think there might be a 1 AC3 track per file limit (and a 1AAC track per file minimum as well).

Hope that helps.