Convert flv to wmv mac

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mcgrath383, Oct 15, 2009.

1. mcgrath383 macrumors newbie

hi am looking to convert flv to wmv to try and embed on a vle, any ideas or decent free/reasonably priced software?
    cheers

2. anthemus macrumors regular

anthemus

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

VisualHub, this link makes clear, has not been available as a binary application for many months (or is it years). The OP will have to find another alternative.

4. mcgrath383 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help guys still trying to get this sorted, could also look to convert form flv to swf if that might be easier any ideas gratefully received!!

5. mcgrath383 thread starter macrumors newbie

hi
    thanks for all the replies, I have successfully used a website
    www.media-convert.com

it has managed to convert the files successfully
    thanks again
    paddy

6. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    Thanks for the advice on this thread. I haven't had a need to convert .flv files to .wmv but wouldn't mind converting youtube files (have to figure out how to get them down to my computer first) to iPod compatible files (.m4v) so I can keep them on my 2g iPod Touch 32gb. Maybe these links can help with that

There's also some avi files I want to convert to iPod compatible

7. jbellrmr macrumors newbie

Video Converter

I have used MpegStreamclip (free) to convert flv files to all other Apple formats. To go from flv to wmv or mpeg2 or avi, the commercial iSkySoft Converter ($29) works well. Both of these programs produce very smooth video especially for projection in my church sanctuary.

BTW, if you use the Safari browser, just launch its activity window, select the web video you want to download and scroll through the activity window until you find the large file that's playing. Select that file in the activity window, pause the video in the browser, hold down the Option key whilst double-clicking the file and it will automatically start downloading to your Downloads directory.

Blessings...Jeff

8. SHankara macrumors member

9. ickystay macrumors regular

I use Real Player Downloader for that. It came with their free player (which I NEVER use).

Then, with the help of having Perian ( http://perian.org/ ) on my computer, I can play the flv's with quicktime player or throw them into iMovie and edit them.

10. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

I do a LOT of conversions to WMV at work and my workflow involves:

MPEG2 playback component is $20, Flip4Mac Studio is $49. Everything else is free.

I like using MPEG Streamclip because it gives me a lot of customisation features right at my fingertips. For example, it's easy to up the volume on exports. Deinterlacing is something else I use often. And it has nifty batch features that save me hours.

11. ginagina macrumors newbie