Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nxtlukas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Hi,
There is no option for converting ID3-Tags in iTunes since version 10, is there?
But now I noticed that there still is a .nib file in the iTunes 11 localisation folder which is entitled "ConvertID3.nib" and shows exactly that after conversion with NibUnlocker: http://cl.ly/image/131V131n1O0a
my question is: is there an option to "hacktivate" this option again or do you think that this is the only thing left from the function? I tried replacing the Info Dialog with the ConvertID3.nib but iTunes would not open anything when choosing get info.

Thanks in advance,
nxtlukas

JamSoft

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2002
Rockford, MI
Convert ID3 Tags... is still in iTunes 11, but it only shows up when you right-click on audio tracks while in Song or List View.

4RsAs.jpg

In Summary:

• You MUST be in List or Song View.
  • You can NOT be in Grid, Artist List, or Album View.
  • Also, please remember that ID3 Tags are only for MP3/MPEG audio files, and NOT MP4/AAC/Apple Lossless audio files.

Hope this helps. ;)

Original Thread: Where's The Convert ID3 Tag option in iTunes 11?

Last edited:

nxtlukas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
thank you for clearing this up!
Actually I wanted to do something about my AAC files randomly changing Genres. Is there no way of re-writing the tags, etc.?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.