convert iwork to powerpoint

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bobbypotluck, Apr 27, 2009.

1. bobbypotluck macrumors member

for a group presentation someone in our group made the whole thing using iwork. Now we need it in powerpoint to present it to the class. She does not have powerpoint on her computer. Everytime she does "export to powerpoint" it does nothing. Are there any programs out there that can convert it, or, if i have access to a computer with both powerpoint and iwork will that help? thanks.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Is this iWork '08 or iWork '09? How is your classmate exporting the existing file? You do not need Powerpoint to be able to export a Keynote file to the Office-compatible format.

3. bobbypotluck thread starter macrumors member

i have just finished installing a copy of iwork 09 on my computer. She is sending me the file, most likely as an older version of iwork(08?). i have powerpoint 08 installed on my computer. How can I save it as a ppt, or pptx file?

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

In iWork 09, after opening the file in Keynote, you can go to the Share menu and select Export, then select the desired filetype. If you installed the update you can also find the Export command in the File menu.