Convert jpg to pdf while retaining existing OS X tags

Discussion in 'macOS' started by charlesapetersen, Oct 10, 2015.

1. charlesapetersen macrumors newbie

I am an academic historian, which these days means I have tens of thousands of images of archival documents which I use to conduct my research. I have tagged these images using the tagging system in OS X. For a variety of reasons, it would now be helpful for me to convert these images from JPG to PDF form. But there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this without losing the associated tags — which was a huge amount of work.

Any thoughts on how I might do this? Possibly an automator script?

Really would appreciate any suggestions. It will be to the benefit of scholarship!

2. Chloec macrumors member

Chloec

To convert jpg to PDF, the Preview can handle it very well, but it seems could only keep the line, box, arrow etc in the PDF. Maybe some third party application could convert the tagged picture to PDF file, recommend a PDF Creator application to you, which provides a trial version, you can download the trial and convert your tagged picture to PDF. Not sure it could keep the tag in PDF file, i guess the tag maybe can't be convert to new created PDF. Hopefully, you will find solution soon.
    Have a good day!

3. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

As the "conversion" is actually creating a new file, you may need to set up an Automator script to convert and tag them.