convert mov to flv or swf

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dummies2, Jul 4, 2009.

1. dummies2 macrumors newbie

hi i'm new to mac. and i currently have mov movie that i want to convert to flv. the reason for this is because we have adobe flash server. i'm willing to pay money for the program but not enough that i could buy flash from adobe. so if you do know any company that sells tool to convert mov to flv without losing quality please let me know. my mov file are in hd resolution, so if the converter tool can give me option to select which format or which resolution for output file is great. please let me know. really appreciate it.

2. The Doop macrumors member

Might be something better out there, but I've always just used Quicktime Pro. Works like a charm.

3. dave12345 macrumors regular

4. Ti_Poussin macrumors regular

Ti_Poussin

Yes Quicktime Pro can export to FLV directly, you may (not sure required) have to select the show older codec into the Quicktime preference pane. In the export setting, replace MOV format to FLV, it only support Flash 7 and 8 as format.

5. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

Try MPEG Streamclip. Im not sure since I used to use it a long time ago but I think it will convert to .flv

6. Kathleen macrumors newbie

mov to swf?

Hello,

I was just reading this thread and know you can use the MPEG streamclip to convert mov into flv. This works fine.

I however need to convert a mov into a swf file and can't find a good solution for this...
    The problem is that I don't have a credit card otherwise I would have downloaded software for this.

Does anybody know some freeware for this?

Thanks! :)
    Kathleen...

7. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

-S-----
    --L-----
    ---O-----
    ----W-----

way too.;)