Convert mp3 files to what???

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Halcyon, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Halcyon macrumors 6502

Hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

I would like to burn a music CD for my parents, but their CD player won't play mp3 songs just regular music CD's. Is there anyway I can convert this mp3 files to any other type of file that can be played on this regular CD player. If yes, what type of file will it be?

TIA

PD - Of course they can upgrade to a new CD player with mp3 capability, but this a nice acoustic BOSE with a superb sound...and they love it.

2. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

This is easy ;)
    iTunes can burn audio cd's, no matter what the format they are stored in on your Mac (or PC for that matter). To do this, first go to your iTunes preferences, go to 'Advanced' > 'Burning' and make sure 'Audio CD' is checked. Then burn as you would any other disc in iTunes :)

3. cory-bias macrumors newbie

cory-bias

The file will just be PCM Audio 44.1 16bit stereo, follow this link for a little more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Book_(audio_CD_standard)

iTunes will work just fine and will be very easy, although they are RedBook, but that is probably not a big issue for your clients. Just about any audio editor/CD burning app on the Mac will do what you need; Peak, iTunes, Toast, Logic, Wave Burner... but since iTunes is built in, that would be the way to go.

best

Cory