Convert preorder to purchase on launch day?

theWozinator

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2014
Has anyone in past years preordered and then decided to wait in line? I preordered (with the upgrade plan) and have an 11/17-11/24 date. Now I have this crazy idea to wait in line, but since I already have a pending preorder (which I don’t want to cancel unless I’m sure I can get one) I’m wondering if I can even buy one Friday morning. Any thoughts?

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Has anyone in past years preordered and then decided to wait in line? I preordered (with the upgrade plan) and have an 11/17-11/24 date. Now I have this crazy idea to wait in line, but since I already have a pending preorder (which I don’t want to cancel unless I’m sure I can get one) I’m wondering if I can even buy one Friday morning. Any thoughts?
Yes, get one then cancel ur order...

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2014
Just not sure it’s that easy. If I try to preorder another device, the site tells me I can’t. Plus the upgrade plan might complicate things...
wait in line, once you gets in the store and having a stuff holding a phone for you, then cancel the pre-order and work this out with them.

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Just not sure it’s that easy. If I try to preorder another device, the site tells me I can’t. Plus the upgrade plan might complicate things...
I have read people do it for years. Call ur carrier and ask them. My account is already showing that I have the phone on ATT. Just doesn’t have my installment amount yet but it is showing as in my account. But I have heard it done.

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
I did it last year. Waited until I had the new phone in my hand (not activated), then canceled my pre-order right there, and we processed the new phone. Piece of cake.