Convert SWF Files To MP3 - Does Free Audio Extraction or video/audio converter exist?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by magentawave, May 29, 2010.

1. magentawave macrumors regular

I want to convert some video files (specifically swf in this case) to audio files so I can listen on my iPod. I looked everywhere and can't find some free software that does that. There are tons that have trial periods with lots of limitations (like it won't convert anything larger than a 5k size file) so I don't want those because I won't know if the thing works well unless I pay for it. I'm not opposed to paying for a converter IF I know it works awesome on a Mac. Got any suggestions?

Thanks
    Steve

2. zeemeerman2 macrumors 6502

Like the poster above said, is maybe a solution.

However, once the SWF is an FLV, you can also use iExtractMP3 instead. It's very quick and light to use.

I don't know much about iSquint, but iExtractMP3 doesn't convert FLV to MP3, but "extracts" the audio file from the FLV.

To understand it and put it simple, say your FLV consists of 2 parts.
    - 1 video track (video without sound)
    - 1 audio track (sound without video)

iExtractMP3 takes out the audio track from the file and puts it on your hard disk in your chosen folder. That way, there's no audio quality loss from any conversion.

Use whatever you want, I just give you some solutions.

3. magentawave thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys but does anyone know of a free or less expensive swf to flv converter than the $50.00 one mentioned previously?

Thanks again.
    Steve