Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
I installed the beta of High Sierra and it converted the Macintosh HD to APFS. My library drive is an external RAID pair. When I ask Disk Utility to convert it to APFS.....no can do. The same goes from my TM backup drive, even if I first turn off TM and deselect the drive.

Anyone converted drives other than Macintosh to APFS?

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Yes. Both the single external drive and the RAID pair are MacOS Extended Journaled. The error code for the single drive is 69860. Disk Manager has the convert to APFS greyed out for the RAID pair.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
TM does not support APFS and so I can not convert the single drive to APFS yet. I bet there is a limitation in the beta for Disk Manager to convert RAID sets to APFS.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Yes. Both the single external drive and the RAID pair are MacOS Extended Journaled. The error code for the single drive is 69860. Disk Manager has the convert to APFS greyed out for the RAID pair.

Hmmm. Maybe things will change in the final release, but I guess you might have to break the RAID to convert it then
[doublepost=1500061099][/doublepost]
TM does not support APFS and so I can not convert the single drive to APFS yet. I bet there is a limitation in the beta for Disk Manager to convert RAID sets to APFS.

I do believe that was fixed in the latest beta?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.