Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gbross

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
I want to convert a DVD I have (I legally own) to a format visible on the Ipod Touch.

I have all the software.

Questions:

1. This DVD is a compilation of numerous TV shows.
2. When the conversion software displays all the files on the DVD there are probably 50 files. There are only five episodes of the TV show on this DVD.

Which files do I convert?

Will the result of the conversion be 50 files? Is there a way of consolidating them into the 5 episodes?

Can I rename the files or will links between the files be lost?

Thanks.

davidy

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
I want to convert a DVD I have (I legally own) to a format visible on the Ipod Touch.

I have all the software.

Questions:

1. This DVD is a compilation of numerous TV shows.
2. When the conversion software displays all the files on the DVD there are probably 50 files. There are only five episodes of the TV show on this DVD.

Which files do I convert?

Will the result of the conversion be 50 files? Is there a way of consolidating them into the 5 episodes?

Can I rename the files or will links between the files be lost?

Thanks.

If you're using Handbreak just follow the prompts. It tells you what to do. If you're using a different program I can't help you.

pspmanny

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2009
in handbrake you convert only the files with longer times like 20 minutes for tv shows. and you can rename the files as you wish no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.