convert videos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by liptonlover, Oct 2, 2008.

1. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

I wasn't sure if this should go here or over with video... I want to convert a dvd to touch format. I've been using handbrake, I've already done two movies and they work fine. But now I want to convert a series, which is on dvd. (20 episodes, 4 disks) So I use handbrake as usual. But it only converts the last episode on each disk! I can't figure out how to get the other episodes. They're definitely there, they show up in the dvd menu when I use the dvd player. Can anyone help? Either recommend a free or trial app to use, or how to do it with handbrake please.
    Nate

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Just curious if you had a chance to look into this guide posted up with regards to ripping DVDs to the iPod Video. The same teqnuqie will work for the iPod Touch.

[​IMG]

3. pcortez macrumors member

how bout if you got vista?

go ahead..i can take the jokes..

4. liptonlover thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol what would vista do?

I'm trying the tutorial now, but I don't see how MacTheRipper is going to change anything. It's making it take twice as long, but all it's doing is ripping the files I already was getting off the disc. I don't see what will change.

5. liptonlover thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. pcortez macrumors member

just asking if there was similar software for vista. but i searched the forums, found my answer. should've done that first...

7. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

OP, When I rip my concert dvd's with HB, I rip one "chapter" (song) at a time, changing the file name each time (or HB will think it's a dup). I think that will work with a series.

8. liptonlover thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok thanks... I'll try that when I get the chance.
    Nate