Converted Ipod Touch Movies

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tech324, Oct 15, 2010.

1. tech324 macrumors 6502

I am looking to convert my movies so I can watch them on my ipod. I want to try to get the best quality but have it as small as possible. What quality and sizes is everyone using? Software examples: Handbrake

2. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

It depends. What is the format you are starting with?

3. tech324 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I convert my movies using handbrake with mp4 setting. I don't know what nitrate to use or size. Is there a better program than handbrake?

4. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Always read your post twice when you're on an iPod :)

Drag the .mp4 files to iTunes, and then if they don't sync right, proceed to control (right) click the movie in iTunes and select "Convert to iPod" in the contextual menu.

5. quackerjack macrumors newbie

i've found http://www.formatoz.com/ format factory to be an exceptional program for converting video for ipod/phone and psp among other things.

have fun :)

6. TheRock88 macrumors member

For Handbrake:

If you're patient, I usually go with a bitrate of 1000 and 2 pass encoding. I encoded a 2 hr movie at about 1.4 gb in about 3-4 hours. Really good quality and lower file size

If you want something quick, I just use the "Constant Quality" slider and put it at 63.24%. It's just as good as the method mentioned above but the file size is a little bigger. Same movie with this method usually takes 1 1/2 hours so it's much faster.